• New Vegas, No Weapons ...

    • This blog tracks my self-set personal challenge to complete Fallout: New Vegas, using no weapons.
    • You can find a full detailed run-down of the what's and why by following this link: CLICK ME.
    • You can view the mods that I'm using on this page CLICK ME, to confirm if there are any game enhancers or things that could possibly help me in any way.
    • the game difficulty is currently set to Normal with Hardcore mode on, I shall attempt to raise difficulty unless it impedes progress.

Big MT

Posted by Cratchety Ol Joe On

Not a part of my "sessions" count It took me best part of a week or so, playing on or off to complete the Big MT "Old World Blues" DLC, and to my surprise I gained far more levels than I expected. However this progression comes at a price... 

Humility

I'd been abusing and deliberately meta-thinking my way through the Mojave and so, when I came into the Big MT I was taken by surprise a little by how much thing hurt! The entirety of my first few sessions were played essentially in sneak mode. Any sign of opposition had me running the other way.

It comes down to the fact that Saturnite Gloves, Proton Axes (and even more so the Protonic inversal axe) and of course Roboscorpions hurt like hell, my armour was in shreds on my arrival and was offering only a half of its protection, One hit from any of these things put me dangerously close to death such that any engagement beyond one hit was impossible!

I died a good few times with a bull headed "I can do this" approach. In the end, my pride had to sit aside as I lowered the difficulty so that I could make any form or progress possible.

Difficulty: Easy

Accepting my fate, I began trawling my way through the various missions and side-quests that weren't too far out of my way on my travels, the map here is tiny so I was able to quickly soak up lots of experience as I ticked off quests and beat the inhabitants into submission. Even on Easy difficulty the lobotomites take a good few punches before they go away, and Roboscorpions are really hard. Their armour reduces my attacks to nothing more than tickles, only when I land a critical hit does it visibly reduce their hit point bar.

A catch up

I'm going to post in sequence all of my level advancements so you can appreciate just how much I advanced while romping about the Big MT.


I know I missed a few levels, but I'm pretty sure this gives a good examination of how I'm progressed my skills, as you can see I've ended up reaching an Unarmed skill of 92 and I claimed the 'Slayer' perk, more importantly however... early in my adventures in this location I took Paralyzing Palm, which all but mooted any difficulty of any combat against living beings.


There were other perks I've gained, but not worth special mention.

Finely attired

I had to adapt quite a lot, limited by how I can repair things, and unable to source new armour I found myself swapping armour quite a lot, gathering loot to sell to repair armour and then swapping again. For the most part I completed the area using the Atomic-valence tri-radii-oscillator and Stealth suit Mk II which has remarkably high damage protection for it's weight.

Holiday's over. Get Back Twerk

All in all, my journey away from the Mojave was worthwhile. Experience, perks, additional equipment. I'm pretty certain that I'm going to complete the game in no time now, paralysing palm is entirely overpowered...

Powered by Blogger.